Open to work feature in LinkedIn is a way y which job seekers let hiring managers and recruiters know that there are looking for new jobs actively.
When any user sets their LinkedIn profile to ‘Open to work,’ a badge is added to their profile, indicating that they are looking for a new job opportunity.
This feature also allows users to share their details regarding the type of job they are looking for, i.e., industry, location, and job title.
The aim of this feature is to help job seekers connect with potential employers and make the job search process more efficient.
Importance of having a professional profile and removing ‘Open to Work’ from your profile
Owning a professional profile on LinkedIn is beneficial as it allows potential employers, business connections, and recruiters to know more about your qualifications, skills, and work experience. This is also an amazing way to build connections and increase your network in the industry.
But, not all job seekers are open to new opportunities every time. In this case, it is mandatory to know how to remove the ‘Open to work’ feature from your LinkedIn profile.
How can you remove the open-to-work feature from your LinkedIn profile?
If you are using LinkedIn from a mobile phone, then follow the below steps
- First, open the LinkedInapplication on your mobile phone.
- On the home screen, you have to click on the profile photo located on the top left of the screen.
- Now hit the option of view profile.
- Then hit your profile photo.
- Now click edit frame.
- Select the original at the bottom of the screen.
- Now click on apply option at the top right screen.
If you are using LinkedIn from a laptop or desktop, follow the steps below.
- First, with the help of credentials, log in to your LinkedIn account.
- From the home screen, click ‘Me’ in the top right corner near navigation.
- Now press view profile.
- Click on your profile photo.
- Now click on the frames option.
- After this, select the original frame at the bottom of the pop-up box.
- Now press apply, located at the bottom right of the pop-up box.
What things to keep in mind after removing features?
It would be best to remember certain things after removing the ‘open to work’ feature.
- Even after these settings, your connections can send invitations for better job opportunities even though you have removed the ‘open to work’ feature. It means your connections can still reach you for the job.
- Ensure your personal information, like location and current job title, is up to date. It will ensure that job offers with your desired experience and skills reach you.
The method of removing the ‘Open to work’ option from your profile is very simple. By removing this setting, you can get attention on the highlight of your accomplishment and credentials without gaining extra attention to yourself or your present employment status.