Do you wish to read Snapchat messages without even alerting the sender?
This is possible with the half-swipe method, also known as a half-slide. This trick can be done in both Android and iPhone versions of Snapchat.
What exactly is a half-swiping feature on Snapchat?
A half swipe is a swipe across the screen but not a full swipe. With this trick, you can read messages without senders knowing.
You must know that Snapchat notifies the sender when their message is read. With the help of half swipe, you can easily read the message, but neither sender nor Snapchat will know that you have done so. Because you are not technically opening the message, Snapchat will not generate a read receipt.
But remember that this trick works only for reading Snapchat messages, not viewing snaps with half swipe.
How can you half-slide on Snapchat?
Doing half swipe or half slide on Snapchat is very easy, but it is important to do it correctly. If this is incorrect, let the sender know you have read the message.
So it is recommended to practice half-swiping on messages for which you don’t care.
First, you must launch Snapchat on your mobile phone to do a half swipe first. Now tap on the chat tab in the bottom bar of the app.
A chat screen will appear in front of you. There you have to find the conversation which you want to read.
Remember, do not tap on the conversation, or you will end up opening and reading it. Just locate it by looking at it.
Next, tap and hold the sender’s bitmoji of the chosen chat or tap and hold the profile icon and swipe to the right. Make sure not to release Swipe just yet.
Now you can see that chosen message will be revealed. Keep your finger on the screen while reading the message, or else you may open it accidentally, and the sender will get read the receipt.
Quick tips about Snapchat half swipe
- You can easily read a message by half-swiping it, and that too without alerting the sender.
- Half swiping feature is only useful for viewing messages, not snaps.
- You can also easily do half swipe, but there are rumors that it will be removed in a future update.
- With this method, you can easily swipe to the message page of any conversation. Swipe to the right, and release works like tapping the conversation.
Also read: How to Share Snapchat Username
What to keep in mind before using the half-swipe feature?
- Only text messages are visible with the half-swipe feature. You cannot view pictures or videos.
- If you are doing half swiping incorrectly, it will fully open the message and send the user a read receipt.
- If you take a screenshot of the message, then Snapchat will notify the sender.
- You cannot scroll up a conversation during half swipe.
- You will not be able to see the complete text message.
After going through the above methods of half-swiping on Snapchat, you can easily reach messages without alerting the sender.Going incognito while viewing the sender’s message on Snapchat will be best.