Central Bank of India (CBI), established in 1911, is the oldest bank in India. Located in Mumbai, it is a government-owned bank with more than 4600 branches nationwide. CBI provides net banking services to every account holder. Because of CBI net banking, you can enjoy faster and more accessible banking. It also allows everyone to conduct numerous financial and non–financial transactions online.
What are the services offered by CBI net banking?
The net banking service offered by CBI has several facilities for users. It permits users to securely go via many banking operations, even from their homes. Customers do not have to visit the bank branch physically for simple inquiries, to receive a statement, or for small transactions. Below are some fantastic services offered by CBI net banking.
- Bill payment
- Open accounts online
- Funds transfer to third-party accounts
- Download account statements
- Cheques status inquiry
- Tax payments
- Stop cheques payments
- Fund transfer to self-account
- Transaction history
- Account balance
How can you register for CBI net banking?
- First, you need to collect the application from the nearest bank branch or the official website of CBI, i.e., https://www.centralbank.net.in/jsp/Register.htm.
- Now fill in the details in the form appropriately and then submit the form to the nearest bank branch where you have registered your account.
- Once the bank receives the filled form, it will begin processing the activation of your net banking service.
- You will receive the login and transaction passwords separately on your registered email address.
- Upon receiving the account password, you must visit the bank to collect the user ID.
- Now you can use the User ID, login, and transaction password to activate your net banking.
How can you log in to CBI net banking?
Once you have received the user ID, login password, and transaction password from the CBI branch, you can easily log in to your net banking account and perform online transactions. Below are the steps which you have to follow to log in.
- Initially, visit the official net banking login portal of CBI.
- After this, enter your user ID and password and hit the login button.
- Make sure you are not using your Internet banking on a shared computer.
- Also, you can use a virtual keyboard to enter your password.
How can you create a log in password online?
- First, select the online password option on CBI’s net banking login page.
- After this, you must enter the 10-digit CIF and phone numbers registered with your bank account. Do not forget to put 91 before entering your mobile number.
- Now hit generate OTP and then click on the next option.
- A one-time password will be sent to your registered mobile number having a validity of only 3 minutes. Make sure to enter it in the required field in 3 minutes only.
- Use the password to log in; then, you can change it before it expires.
Also read: BOI Net Banking Login & Registration
How can you create a transaction password (T-PIN) online?
- First, log in to the official portal, go to the options menu, and select the ‘transaction password generation’ option.
- Now you must enter the mobile number registered with your bank account and key the OTP you received on your mobile phone.
- Now set a new T-PIN for further usage.